our short one week brief is to design a typeface using a found grid. my chosen grid is a wall made up from decorative breeze/cinder/screen blocks. I started trying to piece together some sketches and have begun looking at the negative space. here are a couple of photo’s of my grid.
today i spent a few hours in front of this dashing wall trying to make a typeface whilst on site, as the weather was fine <although it was still freezing>.
I quite like the outcome, but although unintentional, the more letters i made, the more they started to look like dan’s boxes from last year’s typography brief. i only had certain amounts of card and all of it was coloured, which doesn’t really fit in with the environment, so i prefer the black and white pics.
i think it’s now time for me to start actually making a final typeface after this research… after all, i’ve only got 1 more day. argh crep.